Ten Times Seattle Nailed It!
I have to end the week on a light note. As a Seattle girl, I’m proud of my quirky, trend-setting, diverse and loving city. Here’s ten times Seattle nailed it!
- Backpack – Yep! Seattle invented it. We had to find some way to keep our stuff dry.
- Bread clips
- Grunge music – okay, maybe some of you hate us for this. 😛
- Doughnut maker – Making Sunday mornings better for a century
- Electric guitar
- Heart defibrillator
- Vinyl records
- Fathers’ Day
- Chuck-it! – My dog’s favorite toy
- The world’s first revolving restaurant
- The Shannara Chronicles – Thanks to Seattleite, Terry Brooks. http://terrybrooks.net
- World-wide companies like Boeing, Starbucks, Amazon.com and UPS to name a few.
- And hang onto your underwear world, there’s more to come from Seattle. We’re home to http://www.intellectualventureslab.com a group giving inventors a place to make concepts into reality
Got a good idea? Well, Seattle’s waiting to hear it. Check out the McKinstry Innovation Center and talk to them soon about your idea.
Want more? Check out this article in Geekwire http://www.geekwire.com/2013/bezos-center-innovation/